Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Lost Boy (1-60)

Comments:
David must have been in so much pain.
His father should have done something instead of just sitting around.
Hopefully the court would take David away from his mother.
He must be nervous going in to a foster home.
Ms. Gold must felt really happy to help him.

Questions:
Why did his mother treat him like a slave?
Did she have a mental problem?
Where will David end up?
Will his mom get him back?

Vocabulary :
Triumphantly -
having achieved victory or success; victorious; successful
Intervened - to come between disputing people, groups, etc.; intercede; mediate
Hyperactivity - the condition of being hyperactive

Literary Terms:
Simile - "I cried with all my heart as I said good-byes to my teachers"
Metaphor - "I had decided long ago that I'd rather live in jail than live one more minute with her"

Over View:
David finally got away from his mother and is know in foster care.

No comments: